Monday, December 24, 2012

52 Sketches in 52 Weeks: Little Jimmy's Christmas Present


Really had to hustle to get this one done in time. Because of a bunch of callback craziness, we didn't make enough atx videos to cover my whole vacation. So I scrounged up camera equipment from my friend's Dad, a dog from my brother's girlfriend, and my Mom and cousin last Tuesday and threw this bad boy together.

Yes, the lighting's not too great. Probably a combination of the equipment and my own incompetence. But if I may complement myself for a second here, I was pretty proud of my own resourcefulness. Glad I didn't just give up because it was too hard. 

God bless my Mom, who's never acted a day in her life, jumping in there and giving it heck. (My mom doesn't give anything hell.) Even though she's a noob, I think she has a natural sweetness that makes this whole thing pretty funny. And my cousin Drew's face while he's holding my dirty socks is pretty priceless.

Directing a dog was not much fun. We had like 35 takes for a 1:30 long video. The little guy kept freaking out, haha. Maybe he heard Mom say he was getting euthanized and decided it was time to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment