Thursday, January 10, 2013

52 Sketches in 52 Weeks: Aqueezor!


Matt's hilarious graphic design is obviously the big star of this one. His artwork has a way of making you feel like a little kid again, reading old comics in your grandpa's attic. 

Doing voiceover work was a new challenge for me. I can kind of tell where I made a few rookie mistakes (over-enunciating, talking too slowly, etc.) but it mostly just made me excited to try to tackle that medium all over again. Once I start getting some big checks for my Kia commercial I plan to pursue that field more aggressively.

Poor, unqueezable Aqueezor! I've always loved it when villains actually win and they're forced to confront what that victory actually means. Often the pursuit of victory is more invigorating than victory itself. Aqueezor's minion obviously doesn't understand that, the turd.

Here's a few more of my favorite illustrations from this week:










No comments:

Post a Comment