Thursday, March 14, 2013

52 Sketches in 52 Weeks: I Think, and Therefore I... Um.


Mwahaha! With Zach out of town, my high-art existential comedy BS is free to RUN WILD!

My favorite feedback about this sketch:


  • Other Guy
    just watched your video

    • Nathan Wellman
      oh yeah?

      • Other Guy
        yeah..
        : //
        ?
      • ??
        ?????
        • Nathan Wellman
          EXACTLY

          • Other Guy
            ...
            exactly

            All jokes aside, this sucker was a nightmare to learn. Many an hour was spent pacing my empty apartment, muttering to myself with no pants on. I actually had a few takes where I didn't stumble over the words nearly so much, but I felt like the character bumbling through the monologue added an extra layer of hopelessness to it that made things more fun/real.

            As far out there as this piece really is, I think it's one of my favorites. It's extraordinarily unique it its bizarreness. Like a big logic vacuum that sucks the audience's brains out. Or something.

          No comments:

          Post a Comment