Wednesday, March 6, 2013

52 Sketches in 52 Weeks: Cheese Puffs and a Cowboy Hat


Pretty sure every aspiring actor has had a moment like this. "What am I doing here?" "What's the point?" etc. Heck, I've even blogged about it myself. 

But I guess there's also something darkly funny about every actor's secret conviction that they're special and deserving of global adulation for doing nothing but spreading around a little charisma. Eventually every actor has to face the harsh truth that this big dream of seeing your name next to Meryl Streep may never happen. In fact, statistically speaking, it probably won't.

I think that's the point where you find out if you're what they call a true artist. Because that's when you can either keep going because it's what you love or mope on the couch and drown in a bag of cheese puffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment